ACHE’s Congress allows you two exciting options to share your innovations, network with other innovators and discuss pressing issues in healthcare with other leaders facing the same issues. You can submit to either (or both) the Management Innovations Poster Session and the Technology Innovations Presentations.
Management Innovations Poster Session
Submit your entries for the 36th Annual Management Innovations Poster Session to be held at the 2020 Congress. Please send your submission as an email attachment to PosterSessions@ache.org by Jan. 21, 2020.
Take advantage of this opportunity to:
- Show the areas in which your organization excels
- Discuss your new programs with other leaders
- Participate in a healthcare activity needed for advancement or recertification for the FACHE® credential
- Interact with other researchers and practitioners
Innovations must address issues affecting your organization that might be helpful to others, including improving quality or efficiency, improving patient or physician satisfaction, uses of new technology and similar topics.
Please include the following in a brief, one-page narrative describing your poster:
- Objective of the program
- Planning/research methods
- Implementation methods, including sample sizes
- Results (e.g., cost savings, increased productivity, improved quality of care)
A chief criterion in reviewing submissions will be the explicitness of the results. For example, we will want to know the dollar amount of revenues raised, degree of improvement of satisfaction scores, etc. ACHE will display selected posters during Congress. Narratives of those posters will be published in the 2020 Management Innovations booklet, which will be made available on ache.org and to poster viewers during Congress.
All accepted applicants will be expected to be available to discuss their posters Monday, March 23, 2020, between 7:00 and 8:00 a.m. Posters will be exhibited through 12:00 p.m. on Wednesday, March 25, 2020.
ACHE is unable to pay for your Congress expenses and in addition, you will be expected to register for Congress.
Please visit ache.org/CongressPosterSession for more information about the poster session. If you have any questions, please contact Elizabeth M. Villagomez, research coordinator, Department of Member Services, ACHE, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (312) 424-9360.
Presenting at Congress does not preclude you from publishing your work in other forums. By submitting an abstract to the American College of Healthcare Executives (“ACHE”), you are granting to ACHE a royalty-free, worldwide and perpetual license to use, reproduce, post, publish and distribute your abstract, in whole or in part, in any way in the future with appropriate attribution to you.
You may wish to review previous years’ abstracts for the Management Innovations Poster Session:
Technology Innovations Presentations
Submit your entries for our new Technology Innovations Presentations at the 2020 Congress. Please send your submission as an email attachment to email@example.com by Jan. 17, 2020.
Innovations must apply technological or digital solutions (e.g., apps, software, automated texts, etc.) to meaningfully improve the efficiency of the organization or the effectiveness and/or access to care delivered.
Please include the following in a brief, one-page narrative describing your presentation:
- Presenter(s), professional titles and credentials, organization
- Elevator pitch for your innovation (150 words)
- Problem or situation that your innovation addresses
- Describe your innovation: What technology or resources were used? How was the process monitored/measured? What was the scope within the organization?
- Outcomes: What are outcomes for your innovation? What are the next steps? What were the lessons learned?
- Relevance: How can this innovation be applied to another organization or level of care? Is this innovation scalable, and what implications would need to be considered?
Presentation slots will be 15 minutes long, which will include at least 6 minutes for questions. A limited number of applicants will be selected for presentation. All accepted applicants will be assigned a presentation time between Monday, March 23, and Wednesday, March 25, 2020.
Please send your narrative application as an email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org by Jan. 17, 2020.
If you have any questions, please contact David Bartholomew, senior vice president, Learning, Department of Professional Development, ACHE, at email@example.com.